How To Get To Heaven
How can you know FOR SURE you will spend eternity in Heaven and not in a Devil's Hell?
Salvation, also know as born again, means being saved from God's wrath and having eternal life. You may be wondering why do we need salvation. The problem is that we are all sinners and sin keeps us away from God. Unless we are saved, we will spend eternity in hell when we die. But God loves us so much that He made a way for us to be with Him. God sacrificed His only son for us. Christ was crucified for sins.
While you may see many plans for salvation, they should all have the same underlying message; you are a sinner and your sin will keep you out of heaven unless you call on Jesus to save you.
So how do you begin a relationship with Jesus?
1. The first step toward salvation and a relationship with Jesus is to recognize the sin in our own life.
* Romans 3:10
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
* Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
2. Jesus laid down His life as a Sacrificial Lamb on a rugged cross. Jesus' blood was shed as an atonement for our sin. He has provided a way for us to be forgiven.
* Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
3. Once we understand that we are sinners, we need to know the consequences of unforgiven sin - eternal separation from God.
* Romans 5:12
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
* Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
4. Salvation is a free gift from God, through His son Jesus. And like any gift, it must be received. Salvation is received privately through the heart and publicly by confession.
* Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
* Romans 10:10
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
* Romans 10:13
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
5. OK, so you now know what salvation is. If you have not yet secured your place in Heaven, it's not too late. You can do it right now. The process is easy: 1) confess, 2) believe by faith, and 3) accept Christ. You can do this now simply by telling God (praying) something like:
Dear God: I know I have sinned by breaking your laws, and I am sorry for my sins. I believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins, and He arose on the third day. I now receive Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I give Him control of my life and I will try to obey Him everyday. In Jesus name, Amen.
And finally, if you just took this all-important step and prayed for salvation, please... let us welcome you to the family.
We'd like to support you with prayer as you begin your new life in Christ. Just contact us and give us your name and address. We will respect your privacy and not give this information to anybody else. God loves you and so do we!
If you would like to share your Spiritual Decision, click here and tell us!